Compass Box - Menagerie, 46% (WB 88.29)
Compass Box Menagerie, 46%
Type : Blended malt whisky
Bottled : 2021
Strength : 46.0% vol.
Content : 700ml
Whiskybase: 88.29 pts (53 votes as at 2021.8.1)
Details are as follows:
- 42.6% Mortlach from recharred hogsheads
- 18.1% Glen Elgin from recharred barrel and refill sherry-seasoned butt
- 17.1% Deanston from refill hogshead and refill sherry-seasoned butt
- 16.8% Highland Malt blended from custom french oak barrel
- 5.4% Laphroaig from recharred hogshead
Tasting note from Master of Malt for reference:
Earthy peat with a hint of tarry rope tucked away, cooked orchard fruit, a whiff of damp oak and petrichor.
More forest floor notes on the palate, now with layers of honeyed barley and tangy tropical fruit for balance. Smoke surrounds it all, plus a hint of new leather.
Meaty malt, dried mango, a final waft of subtly spicy smoke.
We Also Recommend
Glenallachie - 4YO, Future Edition, 60.2%
Glen Scotia - Double Cask, Classic Campbeltown Malt, 46%
Wu Dram Clan Glenburgie - 11YO, 2010/2022, 53.7%
Hidden Spirits Teaninich - 10YO, 2011/2022, 53.4%